Carex Design Group Owner/Landscape Architect
Carex Design Group is looking for a Landscape Designer, but not just any landscape designer. We need a creative superstar who loves solving complex design problems and has a good grasp of basic design concepts.
This landscape designer will create achievable, visually pleasing landscape designs for residential and commercial clients, working directly with Carex Design Group’s owner and landscape architect.
You’d be a great fit for this position if you:
- Exude professionalism and have the know-how to back it up
- Communicate well by listening first and then sharing your perspective
- Believe two heads are better than one when creating awesome designs
- Manage yourself and your time well
- Think before acting and act responsibly
- Adapt to changes easily and comfortably
- Value others and are open to all types of people
Carex Design Group is family business that’s ready and eager to grow a high-performing team. A lot will be expected of the landscape designer, but Carex Design Group offers the opportunity to work under a talented and well-respected landscape architect with international experience ranging from golf course landscape design and high-rise development to master-planned communities and residential and commercial designs. Working at Carex Design Group will position you to dive headfirst into further learning and exploring your craft while giving you the flexibility and increased responsibility that comes with working at a small firm. Carex Design Group employees enjoy competitive pay and unexpected benefits such as unlimited vacation, flexible schedule, seasonal schedule adjustments, certification and licensing support, continuing education, free downtown parking, a dog-friendly workplace, and others.
Responsible for creating achievable, visually pleasing landscapes for clients. The landscape designer will work with the landscape architect to prepare a winning bid for a contract. The landscape designer must be creative with a strong attention to detail and have strong communication skills to work with clients and the Carex Design Group team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with clients, professionals in related disciplines, industry vendors and senior landscape architect to plan and design landscaping projects.
- Gather data about the project site and necessary materials to create a landscape.
- Prepare site plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Prepare visual representations of plans using computer-aided design and drafting software.
- Ensure that all landscape plans are designed with local and federal environmental regulations in mind.
- Inspect projects when necessary throughout construction to ensure adherence to plan, schedule and budget, and tour the grounds with the client upon completion.
- Adhere to design budgets and project schedules.
- Ensure all appropriate project documentation is created, filed, and updated.
- Seek new work through marketing and networking activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Competencies Required
Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture.
- No experience required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp (or similar 3-D design software)
- Strong 2D and 3D design and graphic skills
- Demonstrates high standards of service to clients and team members; remains calm when faced with challenging or difficult situations; effectively resolves service issues.
- Accomplishes thorough and accurate work; offers ideas and solutions to improve outcomes and enhance service; considers the situation and relevant information before acting; effectively implements improvements.
- Acts with the highest levels of personal ethics, honesty and accountability.
- Applies job specific knowledge, skills and experiences to accomplish results; requires appropriate level of supervision; completes work in a timely manner; uses sound judgment in decision-making; demonstrates reliability and dependability; uses time and resources responsibly; complies with policies and procedures; keeps work area organized, neat and clean.
- Expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner; listens effectively; demonstrates professionalism, respect and compassion in communications with others; follows proper channels of communication and shares essential information in a timely manner; maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships; recognizes strengths and contributions of others; manages and resolves conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
Working Conditions and Compensation
This position is a regular, full-time, exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Some evening hours, weekend work and travel may be required.
Compensation: $40,000-$50,000 annually
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide answers to the following questions:
- What is your minimum level of education?
- Are you comfortable commuting to downtown Knoxville, TN for this job?
- Are you proficient using AutoCAD and SketchUp or other 3-D modeling software?